Analytics
5.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Issues with full referrer linking to landing page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was looking at Webmaster Tools and the outside links to my site and was wondering if they actually bring in any traffic. I tried to create a custom report that filters only referral traffic and tried having the two dimensions of full referrer and landing page in one report but this just zero's out my report. I know that source and landing page produces a report but I need it to be more specific than just source. I know those full referrer's have traffic to my site because I looked at my acquisition reports. But trying to link the full referrers to a landing page doesn't seem to work on my end. Has anyone else tried this and had success? Or the same issues?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Issues with full referrer linking to landing page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

If you have the Dimension Drilldown as Full Referrer and then filter so as to only include Referrals 
Once you go back to the custom report itself, you can add a secondary dimension of Landing Page

full-ref01.jpgfull-ref02.jpg

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Re: Issues with full referrer linking to landing page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've done this but it doesn't always show for all referring links. I know one specific blogspot account always sends traffic to my site:

Forum1.JPG

But once I add the secondary dimension of landing page, the table information clears out the the graph of the traffic stays the same:

Forum2.JPG

This isn't the case for just this blogspot account, but for many referring sites as well.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi :-)

Are there any filters applied to the View itself that might be affecting data

Also i noticed you have an in-table advanced filter applied, what happens when you remove that?

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There are no filters in the view itself. And the in-table advanced filter was just to show that specific example of that blogspot account traffic.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
I realized that was likely the case re the inline filter, did you check it that when you apply the secondary dimension, it hasnt been altered?
In some instance, i have found when applying a secondary dimension it can mess up the already applied inline filter by changing it to the secondary dimension from how it was initially set.