Analytics
1.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Issue with different date ranges on Dashboards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good day.

I have created a very specific Dashboard that I want to use for some comparison reports. So I have duplicated it (using the copy link/paste into new tab/rename method - http://designpieces.com/2013/04/how-to-duplicate-dashboards-in-google-analytics/ ).

The plan was to have the same metrics and dimensions for each report, but with differing date ranges. Then I could set each one to email out on a scheduled date (every Monday or every 1st of the month for instance). 

Dashboard 1: Previous 7 days

Dashboard 2: Previous 30 days

Dashboard 3: Previous 7 days, compared to previous year

Dashboard 4: Previous 30 days, compared to previous year

All of the Dashboards have the same widgets in place.

The problem is that if I change the date ranges on one Dashboard, it changes them for all of the Dashboards! Am I doing something wrong? Did I miss a step?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Issue with different date ranges on Dashboards

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Scott :-)
Unfortunately date ranges cannot be altered between dashboards, the date range selected at the upper right applies to all reports and dashboards etc. and defaults to the past 30 days.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Re: Issue with different date ranges on Dashboards

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Any thoughts on how to automate what I've outlined?

[edit] For what it's worth, I've asked the steering group to consider using comparative only - I can manually do those I suppose, but automation would be a huge ++.

Issue with different date ranges on Dashboards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This seems to defeat the purpose of having custom dashboards entirely. At least it does for our application which is to chart different data sets with different date ranges (month to month vs. year over year).