Analytics
1.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Issue's With Google Searches Creating Permalinks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are currently having some issues with our website. Recently our developer who created the website had his servers hacked in which all of his websites were affected by this. After appearing to clean up the website we moved this away from him to a new secure server with our IT Department. The website is now up and running on this new server.

Recently I’ve installed Google Analytics onto the website and noticed that we were receiving a very abnormal high amount of views and hits, after some more searching it looks like google is creating permalinks to our website when people are using google search. From Google console it looks as if we have around currently 15,000 different permalinks associated or being created with our website. 

Would this be due to the hack or would there be anything i can do to stop this happening, or is it a case of starting the website again since the hack?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Dave_Davis (Top Contributor)
November 2015

Re: Issue's With Google Searches Creating Permalinks

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Ben
I'd recommend that you ask over on the Webmaster Central forum as this is a web search issue and not a Google Analytics issue. You'll likely get a better response over there:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/webmasters