Analytics
1.9K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Is there a widget that can perform math functions on data?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi There,

I'd like a simple metric that divides total sessions by transactions to get a 'Sessions per sale' metric - is there a way to do this with a widget in a dashboard?

Cheers

Ben

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author CMSCSS
February 2016

Re: Is there a widget that can perform math functions on data?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
There is a new capability called Calculated Metrics (See the Admin > View column) that might work for this. I wonder if the number is meaningful, though. The sessions would include every user to the site. How would the number be useful?

Are you expecting to see how many sessions a single user has before he buys? There is already a metric for that -- Ecommerce > Time to Purchase report, click 'Sessions to Transaction'.
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks for that, I'll check it out - with regard to why...

A sessions per sale metric allows us to set a marketing budget for a given stock level. For example, if we're trying to sell 200 units, we can figure out how many sessions this will require, which in turn, allows us to figure out the required marketing spend (we have a fairly good idea of how many sessions we can generate for a given spend).

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers

Ben

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Awesome, works great - love this new feature, very useful.