Analytics
2.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Is my Google Analytics Account Setup Correctly?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I inherited a website and Google Analytics that was previously tracking a specific page on the site. This is what the particular code looked like.

example.com/index.php/borrower-types/20000-dollar-bonus

I have since removed the string index.php/borrower-types/20000-dollar-bonus to just example.com, however I'm not sure if this is now correctly tracking the site. I use Awstats to track visitor numbers/page views etc, but the reports that I see on AWstats is very different to the numbers that I see in Analytics, hench my concern and query. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is my Google Analytics Account Setup Correctly?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
AMO if you still have the Google tracking code embeded in your web page it does not matter what the page is called, the best way to see if you are still tracking hits is to go into GA and look at real time reports and then hit some of the pages in your site that have the GA code see if the data show spikes in the pageviews per minute area and in the top active pages you should see the page url that you are on and it should briefly trun green in the location map below look and see if you area in the world shows you online. Different applications track things differently so trying to get a one to one between GA nd Awstats may not be doable.