Analytics
5.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Is it possible to recover missing data after a DNS Switch?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

We recently redesigned our website and launched it eariler last month however, the contracted "Web Dev Agency" that was hired did not take the proper steps before  the switch thus causing a substantial hole in our data for analytics. I was assured this was being taken care of prior to launch but, the transferring of the UA Account ID to the new domain was completed 7 days after which I did personally. At first this wasn't an immediate issue but as more time rolls on and we prepare for the end of the year reports, etc. This week of missing data for our launch is becoming a pressing issue.

Attached is a screen capture of the data gap as well as a screenshot from our new domain hosts showing the substantial spike when we went live.

I did some quick troubleshooting and have been unable to discover the solution thus far for my situation. If anyone could provide any further insights anything would be much appreciated!

Sincerely,
James B. Tinsley

MissingData01.png

chart01.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Is it possible to recover missing data after a DNS Switch?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Unfortunately when the tracking code was not present on the site no data has been collected and there is no way to recover it since nothing has been recorded by Google Analytics. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital