Analytics
3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Is it possible to filter a report by very first session over the past 14 days?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

I'm trying to set up google analytics tracking for my employers email marketing campaigns. I have the general reporting set up, but I would like for my data to only show emails from the past two weeks. Right now my data is tracking all sessions from the past two weeks, but when a user goes back to and clicks through a campaign(email) from a month ago that campaign is now being reported on as well.

I was thinking the the only way for me to have up to date reporting is if I filter the report to only track Campaigns that had their very first session over the past 14 days. Not the users first sessions.

Is this possible? I tried to segment with the Date of First Session option, but didn't receive the desired results.

Thanks in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matthew C
April 2017

Re: Is it possible to filter a report by very first session over the past 14 days?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Matthew C - this can be achieved by using a sequence segment - try recreating it as in the picture below:

Screenshot_29.png

Let me know if this is what you are looking for. 

Kind regards,

Zorin

Web analyst @ escapestudio.net

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matthew C
April 2017

Re: Is it possible to filter a report by very first session over the past 14 days?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Matthew C - this can be achieved by using a sequence segment - try recreating it as in the picture below:

Screenshot_29.png

Let me know if this is what you are looking for. 

Kind regards,

Zorin

Web analyst @ escapestudio.net

Is it possible to filter a report by very first session over the past 14 days?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much! With a little tweaking I was able to get exactly what I was looking for. I really appreciate the quick response!

Thanks again.