Analytics
5.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Interpreting Acquisition Data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Session Data.PNG

The above attachment is a screenshot of our acquisition by source/medium. The way I'm interpreting it is that in 2017, an email sent in January 2016 has been clicked 5,694 to start a session on our website. I'm sure I'm interpreting it wrong as there's no way people are digging through their inbox for an email over a year old. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Any ideas? Does this mean the user's first session was started by the 2016-01-18 email and they have since logged in using other methods to lead to the 5,694?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Travis,

One honest mistake which can be possible is you or someone in your company ran a campaign with same name.

Second there is something wrong with attribution of channels. There is a campaign timeout setting due to which this can happen. Campaign timeout setting is explained beautifully in http://www.websiteoptimizers.com/blog/fine-tuning-your-google-universal-analytics-implementation/