Analytics
3.9K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Internal ip address report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello I am new to Google Analytics.  I work for a company that recently setup an internal sharepoint intranet site.  We had outside developers come in and setup Google Analytics to grab stats on the usage of our internal intranet site.  However, we have a couple of kiosks in a common area where users can access the intranet.  We would like to know how often traffic, from those specific kiosks are hitting the intranet site and what they are viewing on the intranet.

Is it possible for me to generate a report that grabs all the traffic, to the intranet site, from those kiosks via their ip address?

If so how?  Again i am new to google analytics so if anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be great.

thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

I do not believe this is possible. My experience has been that you can use vistors IP in reports, Google considers this a violation of its PII policy. If you could isolate to a specific IP you could detrmine who that individual is and track them throughout your site that level of information could be used to determine additional PII information.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Mmmm that is interesting.  I could understand that if this was a public facing website.  However, since it is an internal intranet site, internal to my company, seems like we should be able to do that.  The ip I want to isolate, is of a kiosk computer ( one that is fixed and stays on company site all the time ) and is used by multiple hourly workers.  They do not have a personal login, it is a shared login.  Seems to me there is no expectation of privacy from this computer.  But alas, if i cannot do it, then it is a moot point.  I have seen others post that they were excluding certain ip addresses on a report, but I just want to pin point one.  We really just want to see if these kiosk computers are being used, since we have a request for adding another one.  Thought having a report showing how often they hit our intranet site, might be a good way to determine their use.  especially since group policy forces them to the intranet, everytime they open a browser.

Thanks for your response though Brian

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

I think the thought process here is that Google does not know if you are implementing externally or internally so their policy is a blanket policy. So have you thought about maybe hving a et home page for each of them and have them trigger events when the browser loads you could then use the events to get an idea of the amount of use they are getting. Not the best approach but could be set up easy enough.