Analytics
2.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Insights on twitter feed on website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there, on our website we have a live twitter and LinkedIn feeds and I was wondering if we could get any insights on who looks at this, click throughs etc. Looking at our analytics, i've gone through to 'content' and 'drill down' and can't find anything even mentioning these sections (it's as if the don't exist on Google analytics). Is it possible to get these insights? If so, is it just set up wrong or am I looking in the wrong place? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jen H
November 2016

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Jen,  

Google Analytics only works for your website.  You'll need to use separate analytics programs to gain insights for those respective sites.  

But you can track clicks from twitter and linkedin by tagging incoming traffic as marketing channels.  Then you'll know which content led to visitors and how those visitors behave once own your site.  Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jen H
November 2016

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Jen,  

Google Analytics only works for your website.  You'll need to use separate analytics programs to gain insights for those respective sites.  

But you can track clicks from twitter and linkedin by tagging incoming traffic as marketing channels.  Then you'll know which content led to visitors and how those visitors behave once own your site.  Hope that helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks so much Cedric. I frequently look at Twitter analytics and linkedIN insights, is that what you're meaning? Basically there's no way I can tell from the website who goes onto our news page, reads our twitter feed and then clicks through? Sorry, I just want to be crystal clear. Really appreciate your help. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

You cannot see the interaction data from twitter and linkedIn inside Google Analytics.  You can see if they click through to your website.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much!