Analytics
2.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Index Page Name Has Changed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In GA all root traffic swapped from / -> /url, I have no idea why this has happened. This change has happened on 16th of May. This has happened across all of our web properties. I just want to know if this is a change made by GA or if something has gone wrong on the GA account? I don't directly manage this account, so some of the settings could have been amended.

Many thanks,

Chris

1 Expert replyverified_user

Index Page Name Has Changed

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Chris,

GA will display the value of window.document.location in the content reports.  So if nothing is there and it's just an empty sub directory; e.g. /  that's what you'll see.  Unless..... someone has changed the view settings to append something on the end.   

e.g. the default page setting was changed to /home. 

Now instead of / you'll see /home  ... this setting is old and has consequences because now all pages that end in a trailing slash will have /home  i.e. you had /widgets/  and now you'll have /widgets/home 

The other possibility is that someone has added a filter to do something similar. 

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn