Analytics
3.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Incredibly low bounce rates

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello! I wouldn't be here if I could find the answer elsewhere. Smiley Happy Anyways, I was wondering if someone can help me assess my analytics? 

analytics.pngI read somewhere that there might be a tracking error(like duplicate codes) or something on the site. Although, how am I supposed to tell when it started? I have been experimenting with a whole lot of plugins lately, and the one option I know is to uninstall one plugin, wait a few days, and do the same with the other plugins until I figure out the culprit. By the way, I use wordpres.

Any help would really be appreciated. Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aurora A
January 2016

Re: Incredibly low bounce rates

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
From what i can tell there are double pageviews being sent via an external script

error01.jpg

coolcollegehelpers.com/wp-content/pep-vn/cache/static-files/dfee4567.js

window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');ga('create','UA-58625391-3','auto');ga('require','displayfeatures');ga('require','linkid','linkid.js');ga('send','pageview',{'anonymizeIp':true});window.google_analytics_uacct="UA-58625391-3";
(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){(i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)})(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');ga('create','UA-58625391-3','auto');ga('send','pageview');

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Aurora :-)
Are you able to pls provide a link to the website, it often assists with troubleshooting

Thanks
Bronwyn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aurora A
January 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
From what i can tell there are double pageviews being sent via an external script

error01.jpg

coolcollegehelpers.com/wp-content/pep-vn/cache/static-files/dfee4567.js

window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');ga('create','UA-58625391-3','auto');ga('require','displayfeatures');ga('require','linkid','linkid.js');ga('send','pageview',{'anonymizeIp':true});window.google_analytics_uacct="UA-58625391-3";
(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){(i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)})(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');ga('create','UA-58625391-3','auto');ga('send','pageview');

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
If you are going to be experimenting with plugins etc, usually this should be done on a development setup rather than a live online website
I have no affiliation with the following products but have used both without issues in the past
https://bitnami.com/stack/wordpress

The free option of desktop server should be more than sufficient for plugin experimentation
https://serverpress.com/get-desktopserver/