Analytics
5.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Incorrect ga:screenviews by using add-on ga report...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, all,

I run an add-on ga report on google doc. But the screenviews number is different from it on dashboard, see my captured img as following (plz see the "14285" link). And the number I retrieved using ga api is same as the add-on report, but different from dashboard as well....
Do anyone know if my setting of the report has problem? Is the duration wrong? or I missed any setting on add-on configuration?Thank you very much!

on my Dashboard (setting&report):
on add-on report:

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pc U
November 2015

Re: Incorrect ga:screenviews by using add-on ga report...

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi PcU,

should definitely be the same. Try to remove the page title (second dimension) in the Google Sheets report - it's at least formally a difference to the UI report configuration above. Sure you use the same property and view ID?

Christoph

View solution in original post

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

https://ga-dev-tools.appspot.com/query-explorer/

You can give it a try to double check.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, Guru

Yes, I tried. The result is same as api, and add-on report. I am wondering why those are not all different from dashboard? Don't they come from same source?

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Are there any filters applied to the view?

Also is the data sampled?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pc U
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi PcU,

should definitely be the same. Try to remove the page title (second dimension) in the Google Sheets report - it's at least formally a difference to the UI report configuration above. Sure you use the same property and view ID?

Christoph

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear webfield,

Thanks for your advice! I deleted the dimension and it matches now. I did get the matched number for tracking on webpage, but I found anothere problem for the onApp tracking....
I had another new question for it, if you have time, hope you can help again, thank you very much.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Glad to hear that it's working. For a new question it's better to open a new thread.