Analytics
1.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Incorrect data supplied by Google Analytics

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I think we are having an issue with the reports I am receiving from Google Analytics. 

Every Tuesday I analyse data regarding popular pages on our Wordpress through Google Analytics and each week it comes up with the home page, about us and a blog posted 5 months ago as the three most popular pages. Every week we post a blog and every week we post that link to our Facebook, Twitter and Linked In accounts. I am aware from the analytics on these other sites that we are getting far more engagement on these blogs than the blog that hasn't been posted on social media in 5 months. 

Has anyone else had issues with incorrect data being displayed in Google Analytics? Does anyone know how we can fix it?

Thanks in advance! 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Incorrect data supplied by Google Analytics

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Alexandra,

Have you looked more closely at the 5 month old blog and it's traffic sources?

Go to Behavior>>Site Content>>Landing Pages then select your blog post in question and pull in a secondary dimension of source/medium.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6175970?hl=en

I suspect the old post got indexed and it doing well in organic search or is being reshared and there is nothing wrong with Google Analytics.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn