Analytics
4.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Include zero value data in custom reports

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a custom report (flat table), but it does not show rows when the event value is 0.

I have an event that logs the success percent of something, and sometimes 0 is a valid value. How do I get these to show in the report?

I have found this page in the Google results pages, but it just redirects to the homepage of this forum (advertisercommunity.com).

"Include zero value data in custom reports - Google Product Forums"
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/analytics/S3ELVoD4TFc

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Include zero value data in custom reports

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
That referenced post didn't have an answer...and yours doesn't have a nice one....

Event Category/Action/Label dimensions will only appear in reports if there is a non-zero metric to report. This is because it would otherwise have to report all possible values ever stored in the free-form event dimensions, which could be millions.

You could get a zero if you asked for the total events filtered by a particular combination of category/action/label, but that would be a single number...not the table you are looking for.
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: Include zero value data in custom reports

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for explaining Mike.

have to report all possible values ever stored in the free-form event dimensions

So by this, you mean that because event value is optional, the default is 0 on all events with no set value?

But I do not understand why I cannot create a flat table report with values of 0 if I filter by event action? Or is the UI just missing a checkbox "show 0 values"?