Analytics
1.9K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Inaccurate data - Pageviews count missing

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi GA Experts,

Pageviews for the pages visited are not being shown in User Explorer report. GA is tracking till login page only for one UA property but for the second UA ID, it is tracking completely.

Here is the background:

There are two UA properties for same website.

1. UA-XXXXXX-1 - Set up through GA and code placed onto the website

2. UA-YYYYYY-2 - Set up through Google Tag Manager (PS: A variable has been set up for this UA ID to track the pageviews for all the pages).

Here is where I am failing:

I have browsed few webpages after logging in to the website, spent couple of minutes on the pages. Took the client ID with Inspect element. Now, the user's journey for that client ID is showing inaccurate data in UA-XXXXXX-1, whereas, it is showing perfectly UA-YYYYYY-2.

Can someone help me out - Why is this happening? 

Many thanks,

Shashank

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

I would hazard a guess that -1 is not present on all pages, or is not firing correctly. What is tag assistant saying? (Google Tag Assistant - chrome extension).

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: Inaccurate data - Pageviews count missing

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

@John W -

There's no warning or errors from Tag assistant. I could see green color against GA. 

But, the moment i navigate through the pages in the website, the count for UA-1 is being increased in Tag assistant tool, whereas the count for UA-2 is remaining same (its showing only one time) across all the pages. 

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Can you post a link to your site please? The fact that UA-2 does not increase sounds a bit off - what is the trigger for your page view tag in GTM? However, the situation you describe now is contrary to the original problem - like I say, share your website's link and forum members can take a look.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

@John W - For some security reasons, I can't post the link for public group. I can share it to you privately. Let me know. 

Tag Type is Universal Analytics, GA; 

PageView is track type and firing triggers is for all pages. 

And, my original problem still remains same and that's my only concern on high priority. (i.e. tracking user journey accurately in User Explorer report using Client ID). We can take care of count in tag assistant later. That is not an issue at the moment. 

Help towards this would be great, thanks!! 

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

I just followed you on G+, find me there and we can take this via email.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Cool, thanks @John W