Analytics
3.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

In page analytics - how to access through the extension

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi  - I can no longer access "in page analytics" for my site. When I click on the Page Analytics extension that I downloaded - there is a tick saying connected to google analytics, but then it says .... You don't see data for 1 of the following reasons.....

Logged onto multiple accounts (tried this)

We couldn't find any Google Analytics tags on the page (don;t understand this)

You don;t have access.....(er....I do)

This is the first month I cannot get to in page analytics from the normal GA interface. 

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Travis

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Bronwyn V (Top Contributor)
March 2017

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank again Bronwyn for your assistance.

A little embarrassed to admit I resolved the issue, and it was caused as a result of my own stupidity.

But, in the interests of helping any other sufferers of stupidity:

I had not realised I had to open my page normally (as the general public would).

I thought I would still be able to see the in-page analytics through the actual Google Analytics UI.

Indeed, you need to open your normal page (as the general public would) which will then allow the page analytics add-in to show you the hit rates etc.

Red in face, but problem solved Smiley Happy

Thanks

Travis

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Travis M

The inpage analytics report in the GA report interface was retired to the best of my knowledge.
I dont know if that was also going to mean the browser extension would also be affected, however I would assume not, 

as that is what the help docs is recommending to be used at this point in time.

Regarding the following two points - 

Logged onto multiple accounts 

(should not be logged into multiple accounts, just the one google account that you use to access the analytics account usually, some products allow for account switching between different google accounts. Analytics is not one of those products that allow it)

We couldn't find any Google Analytics tags on the page

(check that the tracking code snippet is installed correctly on the page you are trying to inspect)

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your quick reply Bronwyn. 

Regarding your comment:

(check that the tracking code snippet is installed correctly on the page you are trying to inspect)

I have unfortunately only been given instructions on how to run an internal report using the GA user interface - no other knowledge. 

Any idea how to check the tracking code installation?

The in page analytics was working fine when still available in the normal interface - so I'd assume no coding changes need to take place..?

Thanks again.

Travis.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

You can check if tracking code is installed on the page in question by installing and checking the page with a tool such as Google Tag Assistant

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tag-assistant-by-google/kejbdjndbnbjgmefkgdddjlbokphdefk?h...

How to use it -

https://support.google.com/tagassistant/answer/2947095?hl=en&ref_topic=6000196

The in page analytics was working fine when still available in the normal interface - so I'd assume no coding changes need to take place..?
Shouldnt need to make any, as far as im aware.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Bronwyn V (Top Contributor)
March 2017

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank again Bronwyn for your assistance.

A little embarrassed to admit I resolved the issue, and it was caused as a result of my own stupidity.

But, in the interests of helping any other sufferers of stupidity:

I had not realised I had to open my page normally (as the general public would).

I thought I would still be able to see the in-page analytics through the actual Google Analytics UI.

Indeed, you need to open your normal page (as the general public would) which will then allow the page analytics add-in to show you the hit rates etc.

Red in face, but problem solved Smiley Happy

Thanks

Travis

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Travis M :-)

Thanks for posting back with the update. Really happy to hear you managed to resolve the issue

Cheers

Bronwyn :-)

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Travis, hi Bronwyn

Nice to e-meet you and I hope you are well. I just came across this question as I'm having the same problems. 

However, if I understand Travis answer right, I'm opening my page normally (as the general public world) and get the same message as Travis was describing originally:

• Logged into multiple Google accounts or the wrong Google account: Try logging out for all of your Google accounts and logging back into your main analytics account
  • We couldn't find any Google Analytics tags on the page
  • You don't have access to the analytics data for this page

I'm currently only logged in with one Google account and I do have GA on the page so I don't understand the problem. 

I'm looking forward to your help.

Many thanks,

Claudia

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi again guys,

So sorry and odd but now it's working. Sometimes Google isn't logical at all lol.

Thanks anyway and I'm sure I'm back with other questions.

Cheers,

Claudia

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I just installed the Chrome in-page analytics extension, but it's not showing any bubbles for % clicked. the bubble is turned on and show more than 0.0% is selected. It should show percentages for all the tabs clicked on this site. But it shows percentage of clicks on another site. What could be the reason for it to show on one site and not the other? Could it be the way it was setup? I can see the analytics view for this page on the top, but no bubbles.

Thanks

Ishrat

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Try the following steps

1. Delete cookies and log in again

2. press Ctrl+F5 to delete cache and refresh the page

3. Keep refreshing your page until seeing the Google analytics popup

It works 80% of the time in the first attempt, but you may have to repeat the process several times

I hope it works

Cheers