Analytics
5.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

In Page Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I am able to generate event reports but In Page Analytics shows errors . We have included ga create and require commands in our code. error is as follows

We've identified problems in your setup. These may cause problems loading In-Page Analytics.

• Your site doesn't load ga.js or analytics.js from Google. If you host the Google tracking code on your own servers, it isn't updated automatically and can miss important changes.
  • We didn't find a tracking snippet on your site. In-Page Analytics cannot load. Please make sure you have tracking installed correctly. If your snippet is included in a separate JavaScript file, you'll have to manually check it is being loaded correctly.
  • You can try the Page Analytics Chrome Extension which has almost identical functionality to the In-Page Analytics report, but can often resolve these issues.

This is one of my URL  

http://stage.pressrun.prod.us.s3.amazonaws.com/smd/firstpublication/index.html#issue/enrichment/port...

my tracking id is UA-75165891-1

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: In Page Analytics

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Shruti,

In-Page analytics availability is at best, spotty. There are so many browser restrictions/ security updates that happen to prohibit frames that it's just better to use the extension - which rarely works for me but I think that's a function of how many accounts I have available.

If you know your code is good, then press on and don't worry about it.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Do u mean the chrome extension? It records 0% data for all except the
visitor count.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Shruti,

Yes, sorry! The Chrome Extension. As I mentioned I don't have any luck with in-page in any form.

If you are seeing hits to google-analytics then I would not worry about the errors you mention.

Best,

Theo
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn