Analytics
5.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

In-Page Analytics errors

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Every time I run the "In-Page Analytics" report under the "Behavior" category, I'm getting the following error:

Problem loading In-Page Analytics

We tried looking for a few common problems with your setup, but couldn't find what's wrong. Please try again later.
  • Oh! If you are using Chrome or Firefox browser, it may be an issue with a recent change in the default security mode of those browsers. Those browsers now implement a security policy that prevents insecure content from being displayed within a secure page. You can work around this by clicking the shield icon at the address bar, and allowing insecure content, or you can use the full-view option.
  • You can try the Page Analytics Chrome Extension which has almost identical functionality to the In-Page Analytics report, but can often resolve these issues.

When clicking on "Load in Full View", the page with results shows up, but the following error is what I see at the top of the page.   Does anyone know what all this is and how I can fix it.  I've tried every browser and from multiple computers, but the errors still show up.

Access denied. Please try relaunching In-Page Analytics from the report.[Error: 20010]

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: In-Page Analytics errors

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm having the same issue! Anything would help! I have the updated firefox and chrome browsers. I use firefox more often and so would like to have it work on that browser.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
i"m having the same issues - checked my url in GA, reset cookies and cache, not sure what else to do...

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi :-)

On the Property Settings page toward the bottom is a setting Start In-Page Analytics in

change the radio button from Embedded mode to Full View Mode

Once that is done, log out of analytics, clear cookies and cache and log back in and see

if that resolved the issue for you.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Bronwyn,

Thank you for your response. Still having trouble though. Here is everything I've tried:

1. Changed In-Page Analytics radio button to Full View Mode from Embedded Mode

2. Double checked url in both Property Settings and View Settings

3. Logged out of GA

4. Cleared cookies and cache

5. Logged back in, still getting the error

Is there anything I'm missing / forgetting? Been very frustrating. Thank you for your help!

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

One possible reason can be, if the site is an intranet site and not accessible globally, it wont load for in-page Analytics.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I did the same and am having no luck!

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Has everyone tried allowing the insecure content?
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I had the same problem and resolved it by changing the site to https it works for 3 weeks and has reverted back to the same problem

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, allowed the unauthenticated scripts to run view the shield icon in chrome - still no luck. My site is hosted by github, I'm wondering if that could be causing issues for me in particular...Will keep trying to get it to work.