AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
5.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

In-Page Analytics always fails Error: 20010

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In-Page analytics always fails for me, regardless of accounts I am logged in with, the property, the browser or cache-clearing. Loading in full view w/ the Chrome plugin results in the same Error: 20010.

I get this message in the JS console:

Failed to execute 'postMessage' on 'DOMWindow': The target origin provided ('https://www.google.com') does not match the recipient window's origin ('https://analytics.google.com').

inpage.js:219

Any help here would appreciated.

Re: In-Page Analytics always fails Error: 20010

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Is it 'always failing you' for one particular site or for all sites?
if one site then it'll be the site if all sites then likely is browser.

-------------------------
If I answered your question please 'mark as accepted answer & star' so that we know you have what you need
If my answer was helpful/useful but you still need more info please just 'star'
- if I have not answered your question fully then please let me know by reply and I or others will respond

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

One possible reason can be, if the site is an intranet site and not accessible globally, it wont load for in-page analytics.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I got an error message 20010 in the browser plug-in Chromium Page Analytics. The problem was solved clearing the cache.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
All sites, all browsers. I have randomly been able to view a site's in-page analytics when visiting using Chrome/OSX and the browser plugin, but couldn't figure out why it would allow me then.

I've tried Chrome, Firefox and Safari on OSX and even IE and Chrome on Windows

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks - these are all publicly available.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
So if it is all sites and all browsers then it is an issue with your computer - as the system is working for others.
Unless you have a plugin that you use in all browsers as it may be a plugin or extension that causes the issue - to test that use private mode and make sure all plugins and extensions are disabled.
If it is a computer issue then I cannot help more as I don't know a hell of a lot about IT stuff.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I see this same error when I go to my website. Does anyone know if all my potential customers are seeing the same thing?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am having the same issue. I tried all browsers, chrome extension, full load view, and nothing works.
Mind you this used to work before, so I definitely think there's something wrong with the Analytics application itself. Smiley Sad
Still looking for a solution...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I was facing the same error because of some change in the browser security protocols. To resolve it, you need to allow unsafe scripts on your page by clicking the 'load unsafe scripts' link after clicking on the shield icon in your address bar (if you use chrome, don't know about other browsers).