Analytics
2.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Importing Lead status from CRM

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

My clients website generates conversion ID's for each form submission and it is sent to their CRM . And at present their Google Analytics stores only page view. I'm trying to send the conversion ID as a custom dimension value into GA and then data import the lead status into GA by keeping conversion ID as a key. 

Example :

Custom Dimension1 = Conversion ID

Custom Metrics1 = Lead status 

My Custom Report looks like this now:

Conversion ID      Lead Status

A1                          0       

A5                          0

After data import I expected the result will look like this:

Conversion ID      Lead Status

A1                          1      

A5                          2

Unfortunately there is no change in the lead status even after 24hrs of successful data import. What am I missing here?

Thanks,

Sura

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Importing Lead status from CRM

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Sura,

If you have Premium/ 360 you can use query time to look at historical data, otherwise you'll need to do your comparison outside of GA or wait for the user to return from the same browser/machine.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Theo Bennett,

Is there any other way I can do this in regular GA? All I need is to store the conversion ID somewhere in GA and then the lead value will be overwritten on a monthly basis. I'm open to any ideas as I kept the Google Spreadsheet GA API as a backup plan.

Thanks,
Sura

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
HI Sura,

The most important thing you've done is add a common key to both locations. Now you can join the data anywhere you like. You could also use the measurement protocol rather than or in addition to data import, to push a hit in that would have the same affect.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn