Analytics
4.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

If User Landed On A Specific Page, Then What Is Associated Revenue?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having trouble building a custom report and I wanted to know if anyone else has had this issue and could offer a suggestion for a work-around. 

I'm trying to build a report that shows how many transactions occurred and what the revenue associated is for users who landed on a specific page on my website at any point during their site visit. 

I tried using a filter in my custom report filtering for the regrex for Page, but that's not pulling in any transaction/revenue info. 

Does anyone know what I can do to get to this data? 

Re: If User Landed On A Specific Page, Then What Is Associated Revenue?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Is there any reason that you must use the custom report? Because using segment could be the better option. You can create a segment based on session includes that specific page and then you can go to the conversion > overview report for transaction and revenue.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I want to use the custom reports since that's how we've been doing it up until now and it's easier since the team is already used to seeing custom reports.

I thought of using segments based on the same regrex rules as the custom reports, but it's showing a different amount of pageviews and sessions than the custom reports. Any idea why that would be?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eli G
May 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Segment includes other pages of the sessions in which the specific page was visited because the GA segment condition is based on the sessions, not on the pageview. However, the sessions, users, transactions and revenue figure will be usable and correct for what you wanted to achieve as per your question above.