Analytics
3.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Ideal Number of Sessions and Unique Users

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What is the ideal number of sessions and unique users (in general web traffic) one web portal should receive to generate good useful insights from Google Analytics? As Google Analytics is more of analyzing and understanding the aggregate traffic, should be there any ideal number of traffic to arrive at proper conclusions?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ideal Number of Sessions and Unique Users

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Well the obvious answer would be the more data points you have the better the analysis would be, at my current employee we like to have at least two to three months of data so we can compare daily traffic patterns, weekly traffic patterns, and monthly traffic patterns. Since most of the GA data I work with has been collecting for years we are able to see trends, growth, and statistical data for many years, and because we use the annotation portion whenever we make a change or something happens such as a holiday, newly released document or changes to structure (website). This gives us the ability to see what kind of affect these changes have on traffic.