AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

IP address and zip codes

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi-

Does GA show IP addresses for visitors? 

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Maribeth N
February 2017

IP address and zip codes

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi, IP addresses are stored but not available.

They're used to process sessions by looking up IP ranges and cross-referencing them with GPS info provided by ISPs.

That GPS data is used to determine user location.

To answer your question, ZIP/area codes are not available and the User ID won't help.

The only way to do this is to get users to enter said zip-code and area code in a form (but private info such as email, postal address and full phone number cannot be stored or reported on in GA.

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Maribeth N
February 2017

IP address and zip codes

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi, IP addresses are stored but not available.

They're used to process sessions by looking up IP ranges and cross-referencing them with GPS info provided by ISPs.

That GPS data is used to determine user location.

To answer your question, ZIP/area codes are not available and the User ID won't help.

The only way to do this is to get users to enter said zip-code and area code in a form (but private info such as email, postal address and full phone number cannot be stored or reported on in GA.

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan