Analytics
3.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

I need a report for 'Days since last session for individual users'

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In the Frequency and Recency Report there is a report for Days Since Last Session (all users), however I want a report that gives me 'Days since last session for individual users, therefore how many days there have been since an individual user last visited the site. How can I get this data?

Thanks

Colin

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

When you say individual user, do you mean a specific user? i.e. user x last visited the site 10 days ago? In which case you'll need some kind of user id tracking in place.

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Not individual users my problem is currently it shows days since last session, which is fine, however, if an individual visits the website after 1 day, 2 days and 3 days, they will show up in the report 3 times. What I want the report to do is show me the only the one (1st) session from that individual in the report.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Sorry, I'm getting confused. Do you mean the first ever session? If that's the case then use a segment for new visitors - by definition this will only show the first sessions; their subsequent sessions are labelled as 'Returning users'.  You can also try experimenting with the Session Count dimension.

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.