Analytics
1.9K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

I just started with Google Analytics, and I can't get any demographic data from my reports?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It is telling me that  " Some data in this report may have been removed when a threshold was applied" .  This is the message when I try to get the Overview, Age, and Gender......  I have no idea what it is talking about.  I did go back in and change a couple of the settings, but I still can't get this info.  Can anyone help me?  Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I just started with Google Analytics, and I can't get any demographic data from my reports?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Data thresholds
Thresholds are applied to prevent anyone viewing a report from inferring the demographics or interests of individual users. When a report contains Age, Gender, or Interest Category (as a primary or secondary dimension, or as part of an applied segment), a threshold may be applied and some data may be withheld from the report. For example, if there are fewer than N instances of Gender=male in a report, then data for the male dimension may be withheld.

The above is directly from Google, if you just configured and enabled Demograpphics it can take 24 hours or longer before any data shows up. In a nut shell the above is saying that in order to prevent anyone from drawing any accurate conclusions or being able to identify an individual the data is skewed. This keeps PII private.