Analytics
5.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

I have added duckduckgo as an Organic Search Source but still reprts as a Referral

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I have added duckduckgo.com as a search engine in the Admin > Property > Tracking info > Organic Search Sources

following instructions from here https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2795821?hl=en&ref_topic=6010375 but it is still reporting as a Referral traffic.

I have configured it as follows:

Search Engine Name: Duckduckgo
Domain Name Contains: duckduckgo.com
Query Parameter: q

Any ideas?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dimitris L
June

I have added duckduckgo as an Organic Search Source but still reprts as a Referral

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Dimitris L,

I read about this problem before. Unfortunately, adding it on organic search source in GA is not working currently. 

What you can do is creating a filter that checks campaign referral if contains duckduckgo assigns campaign medium as organic. This should solve your issue.

Please take a look at the following article: link

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Güney

Re: I have added duckduckgo as an Organic Search Source but still reprts as a Referral

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

To add to @Güney K excellent advice, 

you may also want to send feedback to Google about it not recognizing duckduckgo as organic once even after manual addition to the list of recognized search engines.

There is a feedback link at the bottom of the interface that will allow you to send information and screenshots about the issue, directly to google

feedback.jpg

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Güney K

yes now it reports correctly! thank you

Also thank you @Bronwyn V for your advice, I just send a relevant feedback.

Cheers

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

@Dimitris L, Happy to help and You're welcome!