AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

I don't understand my audience Overview on G analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

Ok i'm new to G analytics but i did all the research to catch up and yet I understand what's happening here.

How is that possible that my sessions and users number is going down? I though they just represent the total sum of sessions and users who have ever visited my website. So if it's a total sum, it should always go up no?

TY for your help !

Capture.PNG

Re: I don't understand my audience Overview on G analytics

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Sessions: Total number of Sessions within the date range. A session is the period time a user is actively engaged with your website, app, etc. All usage data (Screen Views, Events, Ecommerce, etc.) is associated with a session.

So in a day / week / month it shows total no. of sessions during that period. depending on actual traffic over the period it will show spikes.

Re: I don't understand my audience Overview on G analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your answer,

So how can the sessions indicator go down? If it a sum of all the sessions since the begining ?!