Analytics
1.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

I can't see any demographic data

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi 

I am developing a new app and have a few testers. However, Google Analytics shows no data on Demographics. I think I've followed all the steps correctly to enable Demographics data but there is a message on the page that says "Some data in this report may have been removed when a threshold was applied". 

I don't want to launch our app without knowing that Google Analytics has been set up correctly and the data will be available. How can I achieve assurance that the Analytics has been set up correctly if it needs more data before showing anything prior to service launch? 

I can't see any demographic data

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Data thresholds

Thresholds are applied to prevent anyone viewing a report from inferring the demographics or interests of individual users. When a report contains Age, Gender, or Interest Category (as a primary or secondary dimension, or as part of an applied segment), a threshold may be applied and some data may be withheld from the report. For example, if there are fewer than N instances of Gender=male in a report, then data for the male value may be withheld.

These thresholds are system defined, and you cannot adjust them.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2799357#thresholds

To see some demographics data, lot of testing data needs to be sent from different locations.