Analytics
3.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

I can't access my demographic data in Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi There

I am just starting to analyse my website data, and the information from my demographics disappeared. I just got the message: 'some data in this report might have been removed when a threshold was applied. 
Apparently I am not the only one having this situation, and to be honest, I don't understand the link with Google's explanation. It is not really clear. Does that mean I won't have access to that information ever again? Or what do I have to do in order to access my demographic data.

Please some help, with easy words would be much appreciated Smiley Happy
Sincerely,
Jess.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I can't access my demographic data in Google Analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Jess,

Brownyn answered this want earlier, but maybe I can rephrase it with easy words Smiley Happy
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Account-Access-Management/Some-data-in-this-report-may-hav...

To protect privacy of those who are tracked by Google Analytics, GA does not allow you to see data that might compromise that privacy. For example if the threshold is 100 and the data that you are viewing contains information about 99 females under 33 of age that is too accurate from Googles point of view.
Numbers are totally random and someone might/could explain this in more detail hopefully.

Anyway to get your data "back" you must choose less accurate parameters or increase the time period of your report. If you try longer time period or just choose gender (not knowing what your report was), can you see any data?
--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.

Re: I can't access my demographic data in Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Antti, thanks so much for rephrase it that way! I'm finally started to see some data.

Kind Regards!
Jess.