Analytics
2.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

How to show Users Flow from a Specific Page?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to see ALL Users Flow behavior after visiting a specific page.  There are several paths into that page but I really only care about where people go AFTER that page.  

If I use a Segment which filters by 'Page contains MyPage.htm' I get MyPage.htm all over the report, every path into and out of it. The trouble with this is that I have to hunt around for it and manually add up all the different directions users go - I just want to see everyone who comes to that page in one place and see all subsequent paths out of that page.  

How can I set this up? I'm willing to explore any alternative options or reports as well.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to show Users Flow from a Specific Page?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Click the page in the flow and select "Explore through"?
VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Which one? The problem that I'm trying to find the solution for is that the 'page in the flow' appears several places in the flow because there are many entry points to the page - you can arrive at the page from several different inbound links. If I select one and then Explore Through will that show me ALL outbound paths no matter what inbound paths there were?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
In that case, maybe you're better off with Navigation Summary reports from Behavior > Content > All Pages. Select pages from there and you'll see both before and after pages but that as far as you'll go within GA.
VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What if the page does not appear in the flow? I am assuming because the traffic to that page is low?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can't you create a session-based sequence segment starting with the page in question and then apply that segment to user flow.