Analytics
6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

How to set up Events including number of page views

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have 'Events' set up and these display the number of events - but I would like to know the number of page views fro each event category. How can this be done? I am assuming it can be done..

ie.. if I have 10 events - can I display how many events for each one and also the page views for each one.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

What is the event? Is it, for example, a button or link click? I'm not entirely sure what you are after. If you know the page that the specific events are present on then you can simply look up from the page report how many page views the page received during the same time period. I'm not quite sure how you wish to align page views and events - for example, if I have a page which has multiple pdf downloads, which are tracked as events, then a user could view the page (1 page view) but download 100s of pdfs (100s of events). 

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

It is for clicks on links.

I have events set up with clickable links - ie a 'buy now' green button - which I can set up across several pages. I would like to trial blue, red, orange buttons etc and also plain text links.

I want to set up 30-40 of these across the website and I know that I can go to individual pages to see stats but to do that 30-40 times would be time-consuming.

I would like to be able to view the events listed and the number of clicks together with the page views. And to view this in one place.