Analytics
2.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

How to retrieve the screen names in an Android App ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good day to everyone Smiley Happy

I'm working for a mobile app provider (which is not the developer unfortunately) and I'm looking for a way to retrieve the screen names and the events informations as they are incorrectly displayed in Analytics, and therefore I can't understand the user navigation pattern. I tried to perform a real-time monitoring of my usage of the app in the Analytics Dashboard but nothing shows.

Do you have any solution to retrieve the screen name from the app ?

Do you know why my interactions with the app doesn't show in real-time ?

Many thanks in advance for your consideration Smiley Happy and good day to all.

Matt 

Re: How to retrieve the screen names in an Android App ?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
You could create a view with a filter that only includes your IP address and then use the app. In this view, you'll be able to see your interactions and screens in the GA real-time report.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That's a good idea and it will solve my current issue, thanks a lot ! As I'm looking for a long-term solution, like a software or a log app on Android/iOS, I'll leave the topic opened to answers for a few times.

QUICK EDIT : I just tested this and I still don't get my screen names, like if I was not using the app. The strange thing is that GA did monitor my sessions over the last days and recorded a few events but no screen ... any idea why ?

Thanks again :-)

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matt G
April 2016

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Do you see any event in the real-time report for the new view with your IP include filter?

You can also debug and see your analytics requests by following the setup procedure in the below link. From my experience, the proxy server option is the easiest.

https://blogs.adobe.com/digitalmarketing/analytics/validate-your-mobile-app-measurement-implementati...

Hope this helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That's clearly a perfect solution for my issue, thanks a lot :-) I'll run the tests anytime soon and I'll get back to you for the info. Until this, thanks again for helping me :-)