Analytics
1.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

How to retrieve the lost data in GA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi People,

There  is a prompt saying that the threshold has been reached and some data has been removed. So now it does not show me the demographic data for now. 

How can I retrieve back the data, can anyone help?

TIA

Re: How to retrieve the lost data in GA

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni
HI Naman,
Thresholds are applied to reduce possibility of demographics data being applied to individual users. This typically happens when you are using demographics as secondary dimension and one or more segments of your demographics data do not have enough to make sure of anonymity.

For example primary dimension is source / medium and secondary dimension is gender and there are less than n "Males" for a source / medium, which means gender data may be tied to individual users.

To Avoid this GA will withold gender for these users.

Unfortunately there no way to get this data.
Hope this helps
Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nikhil,

Actually, I wanted to have a look at the demographics data but I was not checking the metrics as primary and secondary dimension. I was normally going through the audience overview and by mistake must have clicked on something and now it does not show me any data demographics wise.

Can i do something about it?

Regards
Naman

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni
Can you post a screenshot? Make sure you smudge the metrics before sharing screenshot.
Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I can't post screenshot here <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Guidelines, in order to remove a request for outside contact information. This is done in order to protect the security and privacy of all concerned.

Please also be aware that it is counter to Community Guidelines to either ask for or offer contact outside of the forum. For reference, a link to the Community Guidelines may be found at the bottom right of the page. Thank you for your understanding.