Analytics
1.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

How to measure how regularly visitors return to site?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys,

I'm redesigning a magazine site, and we are trying to work out how many recent articles we need to display. So if some checks in on the site once a week, we need to only show the latest weeks content so it's always new.

Is there a way of measuring how regularly repeat visitors return?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sam B
February 2016

Re: How to measure how regularly visitors return to site?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
There's probably a few ways to do this, but I'll give you one....
Create a User scoped segment where Sessions>1
Apply that segment to your busiest time frame
From the total Users, Sessions, and days in your time frame you can calculate what you need.

You should probably play around with various time frames ie. 7,14,28 days etc. The overall traffic to the site will dictate what you need to look at which is why I'm keeping it generic, otherwise you could pull a number that's 'correct', but it might not represent the best result

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sam B
February 2016

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
There's probably a few ways to do this, but I'll give you one....
Create a User scoped segment where Sessions>1
Apply that segment to your busiest time frame
From the total Users, Sessions, and days in your time frame you can calculate what you need.

You should probably play around with various time frames ie. 7,14,28 days etc. The overall traffic to the site will dictate what you need to look at which is why I'm keeping it generic, otherwise you could pull a number that's 'correct', but it might not represent the best result

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This was good. I also ended up modifying the number of sessions in a 6 month period to calculate the number of users which visit the site daily, weekly, and monthly.