Analytics
5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

How to make a URL in a Google Analytics report open link on my website?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have a report in Google Analytics that lists pages on our website with errors. We get hundreds of these pages each day. The event label displays the full URL. However, currently, we have to copy and paste each URL which adds time to the process. Is there a way to setup Google Analytics, so the links to our error pages become clickable and a new window opens with the corresponding page on our website?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Try adding 'Page' as a Secondary Dimension for an Event Label Report or as a Third Dimension in Custom Reports.  'Page' adds a tiny window icon to the right side of each relative URL entry.  If you click it, a pop-up browser window will show the actual website content.

Cheers Mate!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Cedric,

I see how to do this in a standard report. But is there a way to do this on a widget in a custom dashboard?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

or export them to google sheets and add a formula to make them clickable.

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

For a custom widget, you'll need to add the Page Dimension to the custom report.  As for the widget data shown, only the first dimension will show while in the Dashboard.  Once clicked, you'll see the custom report requested in full.  BTW, you don't need to re-add the widget.