Analytics
5.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

How to link product to pages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all, 

Here is my problem.

How is it possible, directly with the custom reports, or using an external solution (like Power BI) to get this kind of report, to built a report:

As dimensions mainly

-Page product (not landing page)

As metrics mainly

-revenue

I know, it's possible to get revenue by product, revenu by landing page etc...

But how to link page product - to the product - as so on, to the revenue ?

Is it possible ? 

Many thanks,

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to link product to pages

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Bastien,

Thanks for posting on the Community. I’m going to look into this for you and update this thread when I have more information for you.

Krisha
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bastien B
May 2016

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager

Hi Bastien,

I consulted with our tech support team and this is what I found out:

It is possible to get the revenue report by landing page as you mentioned and also possible to get a revenue report by product/item by looking at the "Product Performance" report. However, it is not possible to create a custom report  that shows revenue data broken down by product page with Google Analytics. Please refer to the scenario below which explains why this is not possible.

A user sees product A on page A, then goes to product B on page B, then goes to product C on page C, adds product C to the cart and completes a transaction. Now, the user has 3 three product pages, so the transaction revenue would be attributed to product C. The system can record a landing page (of a session) with revenue because there can only be 1 landing page per session. In this case there can be multiple product pages. 

With regards to your question if this would be possible to do using external solutions (like Power BI), unfortunately, we cannot comment on that as we don’t know how third-party solution works or records data.

Hope this helps.

Krisha

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Krisha,

Thank you for your respond.
I appreciate the time you spent to find an answer.

For information, I even try to link the product, and the product page with Power BI, with the native GA connector. It doesn't work to. According to it, 'it's not possible to link these dimensions".

Thank you again,
Bastien.