Analytics
3.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

How to get rid of invalid clicks from AdWords?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I´ve got an invalid clicks attack in adwords display campaign with oved 5000 fake visits in 2 days. Fortunately, adwords did identify them as invalid and erased from statistics, however, the sessions remained in analytics. With avarage of 100-150 sessions a day, this pretty much ruined my long term reports and now I can´t figure out how to get rid or at least hide these 2 days invalid statistics. 

I cannot filter them because there is no clear identification of these invalid sessions except of the time period they occurred. Segments can only target one time period, meaning that I cannot target dates before AND after the invalid 2 day sessions.. Is there a way of combining 2 segments into one report, maybe? Or any other suggestions? 

Thanks

Re: How to get rid of invalid clicks from AdWords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Also, these invalid clicks contaminated my existing remarketing list in adwords, is there any chance of clearing them up without deletion of the whole list??
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian C
December 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Adrian,

Sounds like the data is corrupt. If it is beyond repair then I suggest you create a segment that excludes as much of the infected date as possible:

Segment breakdown:
Condition : Sessions > Exclude
Session Date : Input your infected dates
AND: Medium > Contains > Cpc

Here is the segment that excludes traffic from Paid Search between two dates (So long as the filter duration does not exceed 31 days, this works) : https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/template?uid=0N3FUJRoQlaPC7mIZ-FfWw

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Bryan, it helped.

Unfortunately I still have infected my remarketing lists, but that´s not such a big deal to build them again I guess.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Adrian, I don't think you can clean up the remarketing list. They generally only good for 30-90 days at a time anyway so it should build up quick enough