Analytics
3.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

How to gain access to your Analytics account / Property.

N/A
# 1
N/A

Help .. I am not computer literate - someone set up Google Analytics for us and it was working fine until today - all the dashboards have disappeared? - and there is new interface - does this mean all the past data is lost? - would appreciate any help Many Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @,

When you say all of the dashboards have disappeared, does that mean other data is present for your property in Google Analytics? 

Let's look at a few things...

Are you logging in to the right Google account (that is connected to the Analytics account you want)? 

Were you the admin or the other person was the admin?

Did the other person remove your access?

Please let us know a little more so we can help further.

Kind Regards,

James

Re :ow to gain access to your Analytics account / Property.

[ Edited ]
N/A
# 3
N/A

I sent an email - but it keeps coming back undelivered???

Best Elspeth

The Business of Film (TBOF)
Established in 1980
<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Elspeth,

When you can, please edit your post above by clicking on the three stacked dots in the upper right hand corner and remove all of your personal and contact info. 

I have run Google Tag Assistant on your website and see that UA-28414841-1 is healthy and firing properly, so once you gain access to this Google Analytics account, you will be good.

1) Open Google Chrome and clear the cache (Ctrl+H).

2) Make sure you do not have any browser extensions like AdBlock, UBlock, etc.. (Settings / Extensions)

3) Make sure browser is fully updated. (Settings / About). 

4) Now go to this link, which is Google Analytics, and log in to the email address that is associated with this account. 

Please tell us what happens.

Kind Regards,

James

N/A
# 5
N/A

Dear James  soory  I ma such an idiot  - but I cant see the three dots you refer  to  - also I don't understanf why I am seeing  only half  of the  letters - now suddenly I see them all - now not! I  don't have Google Chrome maybe thats it  - I will  tackle the probnlem agai tom orrow it has been a rough day

Re: How to gain access to your Analytics account / Property.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Elspeth,

No worries. Please note that you are not an idiot just new to some technologies that can create difficulties for many. 

Let's see...

1) When you receive emails from the community here, they are simply alerts but you do not reply to them. Your must always come back here to the community and post a reply again. 

2) I appreciate your kind phone calls, but I am not able to provide assistance outside of these forums.

3) We are not allowed to post personal contact info in the community here, which is why I asked you to edit your post, which you are being so kind to attempt to do.

Thanks for hanging in there and working to better use the help communities here and with understanding technology better.

Here is a screenshot of the three dots in the upper right hand corner of your posts. When you click it, a menu will show, with one being to edit.

help with editing posts.jpg

With all of that said, please post up more info as to the specifics with your issues and we will work to provide information you can use and follow. 

All the best,

James

N/A
# 7
N/A

Hi I clicked unsubscribe -  was thet the right  button - where will I find Google chrome please ?

N/A
# 8
N/A

hi -  I understand re the phone calls -  I sjut flet it was a way to reahc you - understand ans respect - and thanks  for  all the help

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi Elspeth,

Unsubscribing simply makes it where you will not be notified when something happens in this thread. 

When you click on the three dots, as referenced earlier, you pick edit reply (on the one with your contact info) and then delete the contact info posted. I can also just get a community manager to do so, if you still can not. 

As for Google Chrome, click this link and follow steps. 

Kind Regards,

James

N/A
# 10
N/A

hi sorry about  the typo's but  I cant see what I am typing!! when I cursor over the  three dots  I get  mark as new - book mark - subscribe- subscribe toRSS Feed - aacept as Solution - print email  to a friend - report abuse I dont see edit reply? PLease ahve the manger do if it ofr me I am  stressed and  feel inadequate - because I  dont see why I am not seeing this   edit reply