Analytics
4.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

How to gain access to your Analytics account / Property.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Greetings,

I am new to Analytics.  I created an account and received the analytics code.  I pasted the code into my website as required.  I did this several weeks ago.

A few days after I included the code into my website, I went back to my Analytics account page, but I could not find anywhere on how to get my report.

I did Google on how to access my analytics information, but what they described was not what I had on my website and I could not find anywhere in my analytics account how to retrieve data.

When I access my account, the page that comes up only gives me instructions to create a new account.  There is no reference to the account I had set up in order to retrieve analytics information.  I thought maybe that cookies keep bringing me back to this page, so I deleted all my cookies, but the results were the same.

How do I find my analytics information?  Why does my opening page in my account ask me to start a new account when I already have one?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Bernie

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to gain access to your Analytics account / Property.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Welcome to GA!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble accessing your info. Just to be safe (although I'm sure you're going to the right place), the link to login is:
https://analytics.google.com

Is there any chance you have multiple Google accounts? Perhaps you created the GA account logged in to one Google account and are now trying to access GA but logging in with a different Google account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, I am having a similar but different issue. My URL shows up incorrectly, with a stray "." in the middle of it. So, I'm wondering if that makes the reports inaccurate, especially because I get contradictory data. Who can I can talk to?

Thanks!
Joan

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Joan,

What URL is appearing incorrectly?

Thanks,
JD

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, Jennifer!
It's www.greenconnectionsradio.com.
Your thoughts?
Thanks!
Joan0 (cell, ET zone though)

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Joan,

I'm sorry. I'm still unclear as to your concern. Is your URL appearing in your GA reports with an extraneous period? For example in Reporting under Behavior > Site Content > All Pages.

Thanks,
JD

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, it's appearing in the GA reports with an extraneous period. (I gave you the correct URL).
I'm happy to chat about it and sent my cell:
Thanks!
Joan

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Jennifer, are you still there? Did you see my reply? Please call me on my cell: 

Thanks!
Joan

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Hi Joan,

I'm sorry but I can't assist you by phone. But I'm more than willing to help you through the forum Smiley Happy

Also, I would highly recommend you edit your posts to remove your cell phone number! As per the community guidelines:

Posted content can be indexed by search engines. We want to protect your safety, security, and privacy, but ultimately individual users are responsible for keeping their own personal details safe.

You can edit your posts if you accidentally included your personal details by clicking on the three dots icon in the corner of your post and selecting “Edit Message.”

And back to your concern!
Would you be able to provide a screenshot of what you're seeing in your reports (you can blackout anything confidential)?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jennifer, I'm having trouble pasting the screen shot into this window. Is there an email address I can send it to? I am on a Surface Pro3 and using the snipping tool. If you have a better way, please let me know. There's a dot in the middle of the URL in the Google Analytics page that should not be there. It shows on the GA page as: www.greenconnections.radio.com, when it SHOULD be: www.greenconnectionsradio.com.