Analytics
1.9K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

How to find average number of visits per day

Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee

This question was originally asked on the previous Google Analytics product forum.

The previous version of Google Analytics would give you a figure of the average views per day, by simple clicking on Visitors>>Visitor Trending>>Visits.

These would display as a list of the days with the number graphed next to it, and an average at the top.

I cannot for the life of me work out where this has gone.  How do I find this figure - I could simply calculate it by dividing total visits by days of the month, but can it be found in the new version ?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

This answer was originally provided on the previous Google Analytics product forum.

Well you can get something even better - Custom Reports!

Go to the Custom Reports Tab on the top Orange Bar.

- Click on + New Custom Report

- Click on Flat Table

- Click on Dimensions (+ add Dimensions) to search and add "Date"
- Click on + add metrics below and add "Visits"
- Click save

This table gets you the dates when your users visited your site and therefore you can exclude any date that you had 0 activity on (like a sunday)

Hope that helps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is no longer accurate as "Visits" has been changed to "Sessions".

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes "Visits" has been changed to "Sessions" but it shows a different result.

Sessions will be tracking specific visitor, but is it possible to see just generally the number of visitors per hour or per day?