Analytics
1.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

How to find average number of visits per day

Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee

This question was originally asked on the previous Google Analytics product forum.

The previous version of Google Analytics would give you a figure of the average views per day, by simple clicking on Visitors>>Visitor Trending>>Visits.

These would display as a list of the days with the number graphed next to it, and an average at the top.

I cannot for the life of me work out where this has gone.  How do I find this figure - I could simply calculate it by dividing total visits by days of the month, but can it be found in the new version ?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

This answer was originally provided on the previous Google Analytics product forum.

Well you can get something even better - Custom Reports!

Go to the Custom Reports Tab on the top Orange Bar.

- Click on + New Custom Report

- Click on Flat Table

- Click on Dimensions (+ add Dimensions) to search and add "Date"
- Click on + add metrics below and add "Visits"
- Click save

This table gets you the dates when your users visited your site and therefore you can exclude any date that you had 0 activity on (like a sunday)

Hope that helps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is no longer accurate as "Visits" has been changed to "Sessions".

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes "Visits" has been changed to "Sessions" but it shows a different result.

Sessions will be tracking specific visitor, but is it possible to see just generally the number of visitors per hour or per day?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I understand that the solution provided gives the sessions segmented by date, but not the average daily sessions, which was the original question.

Is there any way to get the average sessions per day? Maybe through a calculated metric?

Thanks,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I am looking for the same solution. The average daily, weekly and monthly sessions over the last year compared to for example year before. Does anyone know a solution? 

Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I am also interested but cannot find a simple list of the daily visits. Can you help me ? Thank you so much.

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star

@Service C - use a custom report. Set sessions as the metric and date as the dimension. Adjust date range accordingly. 

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.