Analytics
4.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

How to establish which pages are referring people to contact page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone,

I’m relatively new to analytics and have a simple question I hope someone will be able to help me with.

I’m trying to establish the sources of traffic to the contact page on my website.

The contact page has a very low number of entrances but a high number of page views- which leads me to assume that most people are visiting my website through another page first then clicking ‘contact us’ to go to the contact page.

My question is: how do I find out which pages on my website are referring people to my contact page?

Many Thanks,

T

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

#1 Go to Reporting -> Behavior -> Behavior Flow and make sure 'Landing Page' is selected. 

#2 Make sure the date range is what you want it to be and the 'level of detail' is properly set to a level you want. 

This will give you a nice map of the 'flow' of traffic throughout your website. 

Let me know if you have any more questions. 

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Josh,

Thank you for helping out!

This is great but doesn't show me the information I need.

I want to see a flow like this but for my contact page.

Basically, how can I set my contact page as the '1st interaction' then I could see all the pages on 'starting page' which are driving the traffic...

Many Thanks

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Tom on that same report is a little picture of a gear if you click that you can enter up to five pages you want to see the flow of, if you only want the contact.html (or whatever the url is) just use equals and then the url for the contact page hit apply and all other pages will be filtered out leaving only the contact page flow.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Brian,

Thank you for help you- but again this still doesn't work.

This shows what people do after they visit the page, I wan't to map the reverse (i.e. what webpage they have been on before visiting this page).

Any ideas...

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Tom you can create a custom report that includes the dimension Previous Page Path, Page Path, Landing Page and then any metrics you want to capture there is a host of options in custom reports that you can play with to get the exact report you want.