Analytics
5.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

How to create reports for selected posts?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am looking for a help on how to create a report where I select several posts (based on "Page Title"), group them together and save it and then be able to see statistics for those posts.

I have a few contributors on my blog and I want to create a report for each contributor and their posts so I can track pageviews and statistics generated by their posts only.

Currently I go to "Behavior > All pages" and in that section I use a "search" field to look up their posts individually. Now it is OK as they have only a few posts, but I can't imagine doing it manually for 200 posts! Is there any way I can create a report for selected posts only?

Thanks a lot for help!

Martin

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to create reports for selected posts?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
You can create a custom report that will filter this for you. If you have access to cutomizarion click n that tab and then choose "New Custom Report" give the new report a name then choose Flat Table (I like flat tables but the other choices should work as well) for the dimension choose "Page Title" then choose the metrics you would like to see, now under Filters add your filters make sure that the type is "Include" and then for Dimension again choose "Page Title" choose Exact and enter your page title keep adding filters until you have all pages you want. Note: if all your posts are in a common space try Page instead of Page Title for your filter and put that portion of your URL that is common to all posts. Save it and test adjust as needed.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Brian, thanks for advice. I was able to do what you said, and it works but only with one entry in the filter. As soon as I add a second filter, the report returns empty.

Under the filters I added a filter so it looks like this:

Include - Page - Exact - URL address #1 (this works and returns to post with the metrics.

But as soon as I do this:

Include - Page - Exact - URL address #1
and
Include - Page - Exact - URL address #2

The report returns empty Smiley Sad

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
In your example you used the AND to connect the two Includes, in doing so the URL's must meet both conditions in order to be true. Change the AND to an OR and test it I believe that will fix the issue of not returning any results.

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Mart sorry I just realized that in filters you do not have the option for the OR connector you only have the AND so you have to be more creative and do some Excludes to get rid of unwanted objects.