Analytics
4.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

How to Upload Product information to GA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am hoping to upload a file that will help tie in our product SKU information with the name of their respective product categories, inside of GA.  As of right now, the product categories are showing up as the relative Magento attribute "department".  We use department for internal reporting for sales.  However, we would like to have the actual product category names be uploaded in to GA so that we can further analyze information regarding specific category performance.  I plan on exporting a CSV file from Magento with Product SKU & Product Category listed.  Is this all I need and how would I go about correctly uploading this information to GA?  Product SKU's are already in GA so I am thinking it will be easy to map the two together.  However, I do not know what I am doing and any help with direction on this would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance for any assistance or guidance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michael E
January 2016

Re: How to Upload Product information to GA

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Go to Admin i GA then choose Data import option.
Next create New Data Set, choose "Product Data" and as Imported data select "Product Category (Enhanced Ecommerce)".
In "Overwrite hit data" section select "Yes".
Bear in mind that this feature will only affects future hits.
Any historical data will stay untouched.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michael E
January 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Go to Admin i GA then choose Data import option.
Next create New Data Set, choose "Product Data" and as Imported data select "Product Category (Enhanced Ecommerce)".
In "Overwrite hit data" section select "Yes".
Bear in mind that this feature will only affects future hits.
Any historical data will stay untouched.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Will this work if we have not implemented enhanced ecommerce yet?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
I think it will not, sorry.
"To use this feature, your property must be using the Enhanced Ecommerce plugin."
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6066852

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you very much for the help. I think all arrows are pointing towards us needing to implement enhanced ecommerce and then try and set all of this up. Your help is very much appreciated.