AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

How to Measure Landing Page Performance

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Everyone,

I want to measure my top 5 and the bottom 5 performing landing pages. The only data that I have is:

Pages : Page1, Page2 and so on

Visits

Unique Visitors

Entries

Exits

Single Access

Page Views

Revenue

and how to check on the basis of above metrics, which page is performing better than the other.

Thanks you for our help!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Archit S
May 2017

Re: How to Measure Landing Page Performance

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Archit S, thanks for the clarification.

Whatever you determine for your measuring stick, whichever combination of metrics you select, you can possibly create custom segments that will slice and dice the data to feed your reports, hopefully leading to what you require.

Maybe others on this forum can share what they've used or done, or which combinations of metrics may work for you.
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Archit S,

What is your measuring stick for popularity? Is it most number of visits, least exits, most uniques, most revenue, most pageviews...

You can go to your Landing Pages report, specify your date range that you want to compare against, and then by clicking on the various headers to sort them by greatest to smallest (and vice versa). Again, your definition of "which performed better" is very subjective and only you can define that.

Hope this helps.
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks for your reply Nicky,

I understand that if we have the complete clarity over the measuring stick then it would have been fairly easy. But here I would need to consider all the metrics listed.
Consider these pages to be the product pages on a website. Few things that I thought of that would help me narrow down to the Top5 and the Bottom5 are:

Per Entry Conversion i.e. Revenue/Entry
Exit Ratio i.e. Exit/Visit
Exit Rate: Exit Ratio * 100

But I am still very confused to the point finding out the final formula that says : EUREKA!!!!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Archit S
May 2017

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Archit S, thanks for the clarification.

Whatever you determine for your measuring stick, whichever combination of metrics you select, you can possibly create custom segments that will slice and dice the data to feed your reports, hopefully leading to what you require.

Maybe others on this forum can share what they've used or done, or which combinations of metrics may work for you.