Analytics
1.9K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

How to Analysis which category gives me more revenue from google analytic?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Expert,

For Ecommerce site we do have navigation path like Main Category - Subcategory. That means Men as Main Category and then Cloths, shoes, bags etc as subcategory.

After implementing enhance ecommerce developers.google.com/tag-manager/enhanced-ecommerce#product-clicks

I am getting this report - "Product Category (Enhanced E-commerce)" in Product Performance section.

Now my query is my all products are links with category cloths, shoes, bags etc so in Product Category (Enhanced E-commerce) I can see Revenue, transaction related to Cloths, shoes, bags etc but how to judge peformance of Main categries like Men, Women, Childern etc?

Because google works with this method i think -

name': productObj.name,                      // Name or ID is required.
          'id': productObj.id,
          'price': productObj.price,
          'brand': productObj.brand,
          'category': productObj.cat,
          'variant': productObj.variant,
          'position': productObj.position

Thanks!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Sophia W,

I guess the recommended method would be to track 'Men's/Clothes' , 'Women's/Clothes', etc in category. (Check Google Demo Account setup)
Now I guess you can check by applying secondary dimension as Product. (assuming the name contains mens, womens, children's,etc)

Hope this helps,
Thanks,
Ritwik B

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Ritwik,

Recommended method gives in analytic Cloth, Bags, Shoes as Product Enhance Ecommerce Category but not Men, Women, Children.

Yes in front of Cloth category if I select secondary dimension Product then I can see Products details but my query is Main Category how to analysis it's performance?

Thanks

Re: How to Analysis which category gives me more revenue from google analytic?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Sophia W.

Thanks for pinging me. Actually when you have category as 'Mens/shoes' or 'womens/bags' or 'children/shoes', you'll get this kind of reports (Google demo account)

Enhanced.png

So here you can apply filter as Product category contains 'Women' will give you revenue for the women category. (including all shoes,bags,etc)

But In yout case if that is not the case. I assumed the product name contains the word 'Women' as in the following image. In that case you can use filter as Product contains 'Women' which will give you revenue for women.

Enhanced1.png

Thanks,
Ritwik B

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Ritwik,

Thanks for the last answer. I came across to one post where it is showing me - "Use / as a delimiter to specify up to 5-levels of hierarchy" .............. so I can filter in analytic by Enhance Ecommerce Category Level 1, 2, 3 right? ( source - http://online-metrics.com/enhanced-ecommerce-implementation/ )

"The category to which the product belongs (e.g. Apparel). Use / as a delimiter to specify up to 5-levels of hierarchy (e.g. Apparel/Men/T-Shirts).

• Product Category Level 1: Apparel
  • Product Category Level 2: Men
  • Product Category Level 3: T-Shirts

It’s very useful, since bringing this hierarchy into your product category implementation allows you to analyze product category performance on many different levels."

Thanks!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Sophia W,

Yes ,you are right. Use 'Mens/Shoes' or 'Childrens/Shoes' in category code instead of just 'Shoes'.
Then you can apply Product category levels as secondary dimension. 
You can also check for the code here on the demo ecommerce page by google :
https://enhancedecommerce.appspot.com/item/bc823.

Thanks,
Ritwik