Analytics
3.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

How to Add Reports to Custom Dashboard

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, there used to be a section at the top of every report where you could add it to your custom dashboard...I'm not seeing that now so I have to go into "Add a widget" instead. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? 

Thanks

Rucha

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Rucha,

I'll double check my notes but I recall that was done on purpose.  I think the idea is to move folks to Data Studio; which is a far better platform.

-Theo

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Theo! I just started learning GA so I wasn't sure if I was going crazy if that feature was there one day and gone the next Smiley Happy 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So what is the solution? I'm supposed to create reports in Data Studio? I'm a first time user.. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same issue and Google Analytics Academy refers to it several times. I never worked with Data studio.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It's now under customization on the left navigation.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It has been removed (deprecated).  Arrgh!  Don't know how I'm going to survive without this wonderful feature!!!

"This feature is being deprecated as we roll out the new Analytics interface."
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1068218?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I really need this feature. Any other ways to do this?

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star

Hi Denise,

You can still add any widget you like to a dashboard.  Just add a new dashboard or select a starter and then add or customize your widgets.  If you want to mimic an existing report, just select the dimension from that report and the associated metrics which interest you.  Add a timeline or metric for it too if you like.

Smiley Happy

I know there is resistance here to using Google Data Studio instead; but it really is so much more powerful and lets you bring in other business data as well like data from Bing or Facebook etc. etc.

Cheers,

Theo

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Theo

does that mean at some point in our very near future, we will "have" to be using Google Data Studio?

And how will it effect the likes of me who are new to Google analytics? With regards to the analytics training will that still apply or will we need to add more to our learning? 

Cheers

Harin