Analytics
6.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

How link multiple dimensions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I am trying to pull data for below fields with ETL and build a custom report. I can pull at max only 7 fields using ETL (Pentaho PDI). I there a way to link these dimensions (User, Traffic Sources, Geo Netwrok) using a unique key like Surrogate Key. 

Thanks in advance.

ga:source	 <-User
ga:sourceMedium	 <-User
ga:userType	 <-User
ga:sessionCount	 <-User
ga:campaign	        <-Traffic Sources
ga:adDestinationUrl	<-Traffic Sources
ga:keyword	        <-Traffic Sources
ga:city <-Geo Network
ga:userAgeBracket <-Audience

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How link multiple dimensions

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
The Google Analytics API is limted to 7 Dimensions and 10 Metrics. Their is a third party software that allows you get around this limitation called Analytics Canvas. Inside this third party tool you can do this the following way "The key is to have two (or more) queries that contain exactly the same dimensions, but different metrics, then join them together, using the dimensions as the join key." You can obtain a free 30 day trial from their website.

How link multiple dimensions

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You should try Improvado.io - the only ETL/Data aggregation platform for marketers. This platform can pull your data and build custom reports in Improvado's UI, Google Data Studio, Looker, Tableau or any other BI tool of your choice without any development efforts. You can get a free 14 day trial.