Analytics
2.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

How do i create a custom report to include specific site pages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there.

I would like to create a custom report which gives me the unique views (& for a couple of other pages also Average Time On Page) for a specific selection of site pages which i choose based on their urls.

I tried custom reports which filtering by page url and that didn't work and i also tried adding new tabs in the report which didn't work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ari

Re: How do i create a custom report to include specific site pages

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ari,

You can make a custom report with the following options that may help:

Report: Table
Display the following columns:
* Dimension: Destination Page (You can use Landing Page or Page Title)
* Metric: Unique Pageviews
Filter this data:
*Only Show > Page > Containing > {Enter page URL you want to track} (You can add multiple pages)

This is just one way, and of course you can add more metrics or filters to refine it more

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Bryan,

It hasn't worked for me when i put more than one url in the filter box. I tried using colons, semi colons and no colons and none seem to work.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
If you want to use filter with multiple url's you have to use Regex and separate URL's by | sign.
For example if you want to only include /offer/page1.html and /contact.html use a pattern:
page1|contact
or
page1\.html|contact\.html

You can test your filter in Behaviour > Site Content > All Pages report by entering url pattern in search box.