Analytics
2.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

How do I save a report within a specified date range: eg Christmas conversions

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I would like to run a report on conversions of products during a specified date range (eg. November through Jan 1) and save it as a dashboard.
I can create that report with the date range selector at the top right, but it doesn't save that range for this specific report. That range then applies to all reports. My business has three seasons, I want to save reports for each separately. 

Is there a way to filter report results by date? I see only the Dimension date : exact of regex. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Adam,

You can not do this in the UI.  You can however use the API with some static date ranges to do the same.  For example you can set this up using the Google Sheets plugin and have a static date range selected from which you can build your dashboards. 

More on Google Sheets add-in here:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-analytics/fefimfimnhjjkomigakinmjileehfopp?hl=en

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the answer. I find that the reporting built in to the new Adwords interface allows you to save the report for a certain date range and this is very useful. 

So this is my contribution to the "suggestion box" for Analytics. 

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hey Adam,

Here is the issue tracker and "suggestion box" :

https://issuetracker.google.com/issues?q=componentid:187400%2B

Best,

Theo

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn